Polarization: Get over it! Stories that lead the way (video)
Recorded Monday, February 27, 2023
Polarization is a state in which the opinions, beliefs, or interests of a group or society no longer range along a continuum but become concentrated at opposing extremes (Merriam-Webster). This dynamic is increasingly becoming the norm in our society, in our churches, even in our families.
It's time to get over it. Let's have a conversation about what we can be do to transcend extreme difference and work towards harmony.
Guest panelists share examples and stories of how they've overcome polarization in big and small ways in their various contexts.
- Hon. Kelvin Goertzen MLA (Progressive Conservative) – Minister of Justice
- Dougald Lamont MLA (Liberal) – Leader of the Manitoba Liberal Party
- Jamie Moses MLA (NDP) – Critic for Economic Development and Training
- Jayme Menzies – Policy Analyst (Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs) and Athletics Coach (CMU)
- Dr. Jodi Dueck-Read – Assistant Professor of Conflict Resolution Studies